Sunday, March 04, 2007

Why 「なぜ」

<==Yeah, that's me. It's at Dollywood in Tennessee. My family went there in the fall.

Anways. Onto business.

My local McDonald's is holding a thing called "McIdol", and it's based on American Idol. It's a singing competition for the locals. First prize is $500. Anyway, I entered in it with my guitar. After the first round, they eliminated half the contestants. Luckily, I didn't get cut. The next round, no one got eliminated for some reason.. I think it may have been because the voting was unfair. You see, the more votes you have from the audience, the greater chance you'll move on. In a nutshell, if you bring like 20 people or more, regardless if you are good at singing or not, you'll most likely move on. So it's not even based on talent. Sure, there are judges, but their vote only counts as 5 votes.

Anyways, I got cut two rounds ago. I was commenting on my friends myspace, and she's also in the competition, but she's still in it. Well, I was telling her that I got eliminated, and she said that sucks and stuff. Then I said something about one guy in the competition who can't really sing that good at all.. I said I'd be really ticked if he won, because he can't really sing. My friend agreed with me. The guy brings like everyone from his work, so naturally, he didn't get eliminated. Well, I made this comment weeks ago, and today I got a message on myspace. It was from the son of the guy I mentioned up there. He said:
"hey dont say my dads bad.. ur not even in it anymore.... cuz everyone thought u were really boring"
At first I thought "Umm, what the heck?". So I sent him a message saying "Um, who the heck are you?" He replied back saying:




"my dad is the one u were talking sh*t about........ he sings in that McDonalds
American Idol. he sings in weddings and plus the sound system sucks.. ok? y r u
saying this about him.."
Then, I replied saying (trying to be as calm and mature as possible):



"if the sound system sucks than how did anyone advance/get eliminated? that
competition isn't even based on talent.. they shouldn't have called it
"mcidol"... they should have called it "who can bring the most people to
mcdonalds so mcdonalds can get business on tuesday nights". so?? i sing in show
choir, your dad sings in weddings.. what point are you trying to make? and i
wasn't talking "crap" about him. i was just saying it wouldn't be fair if he
won, because he's not the best singer. i know i wasn't the best singer, because
there were better singers. and if i was "boring", why did about 10 people come
up and ask me what my name and order number was the last time i was there? you
proved nothing in sending me this message. leave me alone please."


Then he said:



"1st... anyone who knows anything about sound systems knows THAT sound system SUCKS!...and maybe your right about who can bring the most ppl....maybe u dont know enough ppl...hell your sister wasnt even there!...ok u sing in show choir...my dad gets PAID to sing in weddings.... and its your opinion he's not the best singer and shouldn't win...cuz the second night he sang ppl came up to him and said ...we know whos gonnna win this contest......maybe you have talent but ppl thought you were boring cuz you didnt get the ppl involved....the only thing i wanted to prove was... u should think before u speak ....and hey its no problem leaving u alone"


I replied with one last message before blocking him:



" 'u should think before u speak' "

that's the pot calling the kettle black. you're the one who messaged me.

my sister wasn't there because she's in jazz band and they have practice on tuesday nights.

this conversation is over. i don't even know why i even bother..


There ya have it folks.

No comments: